The Office of Community Relations fulfills the Division's goal of educating the public through fire safety education programs and involvement with community groups. Besides fulfilling its general mission, the Community Relations Officer also coordinates the activities of the Juvenile Fire setter Program and the Fire Fighters Against Drugs Youth Program.
The Community Relations Office is operational Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM. If you have a special event coming up and you are requesting the assistance of the Columbus Division of Fire, the following steps must be taken:
- ALL program request must be submitted 3-4 weeks prior to the date of your telephone call.
- ALL program request must have a minimum of 25 people in attendance.
- When requesting a program, please be precise about asking for fire apparatus,(eg, Sparky, Engine, Ladder and Medic) and date and hour/hours of event.
- After we have received your request, it will be processed through OUR Chain of Command and you will be notified within 3-days it if has been approved. After this process has been completed, your program will be confirmed within 7-10 days prior to your program date.
- If cancellation is required from the Division of fire, you will be notified ASAP and asked to reschedule your program.